Committee chaired by Secy, Corporate Affairs on review of penal provisions of Company Act 2013 submitted its final report to Shri Arun Jaitley
- The committee on review of penal provisions of Company Act 2013 submitted its final report to Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Arun Jaitley in New Delhi.’
- The committee is headed by Corporate Affairs Secretary Injeti Srinivas.
- The Committee was constituted by the government in July 2018 to review the existing framework dealing with offences under the Companies Act, 2013.
Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister launches online portal for Common Carrier Capacity booking on GAIL’s pipelines, a first of its kind in Indian natural gas sector
DAC clears procurement proposal worth over Rs 46,000 cr for services for Indian Army and Navy
- India’s first biofuel-powered flight that aims to reduce costs of air travel by replacing the costly aviation turbine fuel was successfully tested by SpiceJet on 27th August 2018.
- The biofuel is made partially from resources such as agricultural residues, non-edible oils and bio-degradable fractions of industrial and municipal wastes.
- The flight will travel from Dehradun to Delhi.
Tajinder Pal Singh won gold in shotput
- Tajinderpal Singh Toor won the men’s shot put gold medal at the Asian Games 2018.
- He threw the iron ball to 20.75m to win the gold and set a national record as well.
- China’s Liu Yang won the silver medal while Ivan Ivanov of Kazakhstan won the bronze medal.
Muhammad Anas won silver medal
- Muhammad Anas won a silver medal in the men’s 400m race in Asian Games 2018.
- The gold medal was won by Qatar.
- India’s Arokia Rajiv who was also in the final finished fourth.
- It was also the first time since 1982 that India won a medal in the men’s and women’s 400 metres since 1982.
Fouaad won equestrian silver at Asian Games
- Fouaad Mirza became the first Indian to win an individual medal in the equestrian event at the Asian Games in Jakarta on 26th August 2018.
- He won the silver medal in the Eventing competition, while Japan won the gold medal.
- The last individual medal in Eventing competition, however, came in 1982.
Dutee Chand won Silver medal in 100m race
- Dutee Chand won silver medal in women’s 100m on 26th August, 2018 at the Asian Games in Indonesia.
- It was India’s first medal in 20 years in this event.
- India’s last medal in this event was the bronze won by Rachita Mistry in 1998 Asian Games.
- Bahrain won the gold medal while China took the bronze medal.
PNB ranked best bank for digital transactions
- Based on the report of Department of Financial Services, Punjab National Bank (PNB) has been ranked as the best Public Sector bank in the overall digital transactions category in India.
- It has been rated as the sixth-best in the overall category amongst all banks in India for digital performance.
- The bank is rated as ‘Good’ by the government with a score of 71.
‘FAME India II’ will be launched on Sept 7
- The 2nd phase of the ‘FAME India’ scheme will launched on September 7, 2018.
- The scheme for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid Electric Vehicles (FAME) India was introduced in a bid to incentivise sales and manufacturing of electric vehicles in the country.
- FAME II will offer subsidies to all categories of electric vehicles including two-wheelers, three-wheelers, four-wheelers.
Vietnam to host Indian Ocean conference
- The third edition of Indian Ocean Conference is set to begin on August 27 at Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam.
- The theme of the two- day conference will focus on ‘Building Regional Architectures’, particularly with regards to trade and commerce, security and governance.
- Earlier, the conference was held in Singapore and Sri Lanka in 2016 and 2017 respectively.
Maurya sworn in as Uttarakhand Governor
- Baby Rani Maurya was sworn in as the new Governor of Uttarakhand on 26th August 2018.
- The oath of office and secrecy was administered to Ms Maurya by the acting Chief Justice of the Uttarakhand High Court Rajiv Sharma.
- Ms Maurya, a former mayor of Agra, was nominated as governor of Uttarakhand on August 21, 2018.
- She replaces Krishna Kant Paul whose five-year tenure ended in August 2018.
G Satheesh Reddy appointed DRDO chairman
- G Satheesh Reddy was appointed Chairman of the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) on 25th August 2018.
- Reddy is the scientific adviser to the Defence Minister.
- He will also be the secretary of Department of Defence Research and Development (DoDRD).
- Established in 1980, the DoDRD advises the government on scientific aspects of military equipment and logistics.