Objective Questions | Electronics Engineering Quiz1 >>Capacitor value markings are usually: ?
- (A) alphanumeric
- (B) color dabs
- (C) standard
- (D) white print
2 >>Power stored from the source and then returned to the source is called: ?
- (A) apparent power
- (B) impedance power
- (C) reactive power
- (D) True power
3 >>What is the dielectric constant for ceramic? ?
- (A) between 6 and 8000
- (B) 5
- (C) between 5 and 1000
- (D) 3000
4 >>What is the voltage across a capacitor after being charged from a 100 V source for a period of one time constant? ?
- (A) 37.8 V
- (B) 38 V
- (C) 63 V
- (D) 101 V
5 >>If the dielectric constant of a capacitor is decreased, then its capacitance will: ?
- (A) increase
- (B) decrease
- (C) remain the same
- (D) be destroyed
6 >>What is the value of a capacitor labeled 102? ?
- (A) 10,000 pF
- (B) 100 pF
- (C) 1000 pF
- (D) 10,000 μF
7 >>What is the capacitive reactance if I = 1 amp, V = 2 volts, C = 5 F, and frequency = 10 Hz? ?
- (A) 0.2 Ω
- (B) 0.5 Ω
- (C) 0.02 Ω
- (D) 0.003 Ω
8 >>What is wrong with a leaky capacitor? ?
- (A) It is open
- (B) It is shorted.
- (C) The dielectric resistance has increase
- (D) The dielectric resistance has decreased.
9 >>In a purely capacitive circuit, ?
- (A) current leads voltage by 90°
- (B) voltage leads current by 90°
- (C) current lags voltage by 90°
- (D) current and voltage have a phase relationship of 0°
10 >>What is the reactance value for a capacitor installed in a dc circuit? ?
- (A) zero
- (B) moderate
- (C) infinite
- (D) cannot tell
11 >>What is the impedance of a series RC circuit that consists of a 0.22 μ F capacitor and a 200-ohm resistor connected to a 3 kHz source? ?
- (A) 214 ohms
- (B) 313 ohms
- (C) 414 ohms
- (D) 880 ohms
12 >>If C1, a 4.7 μ F capacitor, and C2, a 3.3 μ F capacitor are in series with 18 Vdc applied, what is the voltage across C1? ?
- (A) 3.3 V
- (B) 7.4 V
- (C) 6.6 V
- (D) 9.4 V
13 >>Which of the following determines the capacitance of a capacitor? ?
- (A) Plate area, dielectric strength, and plate separation
- (B) Voltage rating, dielectric constant, and temperature coefficient
- (C) Temperature coefficient, plate area, and plate separation
- (D) Plate area, dielectric constant, and plate separation
14 >>Most older types of paper capacitors have been replaced by which type of construction? ?
- (A) electrolytic
- (B) plastic film
- (C) oxide casing
- (D) waxed paper
15 >>A capacitor is constructed of two parallel: ?
- (A) conductors
- (B) semiconductors
- (C) inductors
- (D) dielectrics
16 >>Which of the following statements is True? ?
- (A) The voltage to which a capacitor is charged can change instantaneously.
- (B) The current in a capacitive circuit takes time to change.
- (C) A fully charged capacitor appears as a short to dc current.
- (D) An uncharged capacitor appears as a short to an instantaneous change in current.
17 >>What is the total opposition to current in a series RC circuit called? ?
- (A) impedance
- (B) inductance
- (C) reactance
- (D) resistance
18 >>If a current of 40 mA flows through a series circuit consisting of a 0.4μ F capacitor and a resistor in series with a 4 kHz, 40 Vac source, what is the total circuit impedance? ?
- (A) 10 Ω
- (B) 100 Ω
- (C) 1 k Ω
- (D) 1 M Ω
19 >>In an ac circuit, an output capacitor and a resistor are connected in series with an ac signal. What filter action will be the result? ?
- (A) bandpass
- (B) low-pass
- (C) high-pass
- (D) band-stop
20 >>After a capacitor has charged for 1 tc, what percentage of current remains in the resistor? ?
- (A) 63.2
- (B) 36.8
- (C) 13.5
- (D) 5