1. If the total amount that was spent in the year 2000 was 50000, the amount that was spent on food was
Amount spent on Food = 45% of Rs. 50000/- = Rs. 22500/-
2. If the total amount that was spent in the year2000 was Rs. 48000, the amount that was spent on housing and clothing combined was
Answer Option: A
Amount spent on Clothing and Housing together = (15% + 5% = 20%) of 48000 = Rs. 9600/-.
3. The ratio of the amount spent on teaching and education to clothing and food was
Required Ratio = 25% of total amt. / 50% of total amt. = 1/2
4. According to the graph, the maximum amount that was spent was on which item (if the expenditure that is given to be Rs. 58256)?
Irrespective of the total expenses, the maximum will be the maximum percentage which is for food i.e. 45% of 58256.
5. If the amount spent during the year 2000 was Rs. 62000, the amount spent on clothing during the year was
Reqd. Expenditure = 5% of 62000/- = Rs. 3100/-