DIRECTIONS for questions 1 to 5 : Refer to the following graph about Imports of various commodity groups.
1. The import of Consumer Goods in 1960-61 cost how much Rs (in crore)?
Required value = 17% of 1795 = Rs 305.15 cr.
2. What is the difference in the percentage of import of raw materials to the total from 1970-71 to 1980-81?
%age of raw materials of the total in 1970-71 was 53%, while in 1980-81 it was 78%.
So the difference in their percentage shares was an increase of approximately 25%.
3. By how many Rs (in crore) did the import of raw material increase from 1960-61 to 1970-71?
Raw materials in 60-61 corresponds to 43% of Rs 1795 crore or Rs 771.85 crore. In 1970-71 it corresponds to53% of Rs 1634 crore or 866.02 crore.
So, the difference is Rs 94.17 crore.
4. The value of import of capital goods during 1980-81 exceeded the value of the total imports in 1960-61 by how many crore?
Capital goods in 1980-81 are 15% of the total of Rs 12549 crore or Rs 1882.35 crore. In 1960-61, the total is Rs 1795 crore.
Thus, the difference is 87.35 crore.
5. From the 100000 tonnes of raw materials imported in 1970-71, nickel accounted for 200 tonnes. What was the price of Nickel in terms of Rs / ton?
We do not know the price of the non-nickel raw material, so we cannot make any judgment about the price of nickel.