Tips to solve Data Interpretation (DI) Questions quicker
Solving DI Questions using Data Interpretation tricks is a technique, we should know which question to skip and which question to answer and don’t stick to lengthy calculations. Here are some tricks to solve data interpretation questions quickly. DI is all about to test your calculation ability, how you can analyze and make decisions in less time. The basic tricks we need to understand before solving the data interpretation questions using shortcut methods are.
1. Memorize some basic maths to improve calculation ability: For solving, Data Interpretation problems in less time. At first, you need to self-assess your mathematical knowledge whether you have the following things in your mind.
- Mathematical tables up to 20.
- Squares of numbers 12 to 302.
- Cubes of numbers 13 to 20
- Powers of 2 up to 6.
- Powers of 3 up to 5.
- Fractional values 1/2, 1/3 ……… 1/20.
2. Learn some fast calculation tips to save time
- Multiplication tricks
- Addition Tricks
- Division Tricks
- Squares & Cubes, Square roots, and Cube roots
- Comparison of fractions
3. Improve your mental calculation ability. Which comes by practicing more model question papers.
4. Use approximate values while solving DI problems: In DI, for some questions, we don’t need to get exact answers. For such questions use approx. values to solve. This approach saves time.
5. Use previous calculations if needed again: While solving some questions, we require previously solved answers. For those questions, use previous answers and no need to calculate the same sums again and again. Reuse previous calculations at required places
6. Skip time-consuming questions and do at the end. Don’t waste time with lengthy calculations: According to our above analysis, some questions need lengthy calculations. First check, whether you can able to solve such questions using shortcut methods, maths tricks and by following calculation tips in less time.
Trick: Need to know which question to pick and which question to skip and also where we have to use a pen and where we have to mental calculations and where to use approximations while solving the questions.
7. Get answers by watching the diagram: For some questions, we can get answers by seeing the diagram itself carefully. No need to use pen and paper in solving that sort of question. Avoid paperwork for simple calculations.
8. Important Topics to concentrate on Data Analysis and Interpretation: Data Analysis and Interpretation majorly covers questions from these 3 areas of quantitative aptitude.
- Ratios: The ratio is nothing but comparing two same values in different niches.
- Percentages: The percentage is nothing but finding some value out of 100.
- Averages: Averages are nothing but additions and division of given numbers
So, speed up your calculations and focus more on these topics in learning smart techniques, shortcuts, formulas, etc.,
9. Follow the Right Approach while Practice:
Speed along with accuracy plays the main role in one’s success in bank exams. Speed improves mainly through the right approach of practice. we have to analyze our performance in every go and make improvements in weak areas to have a better performance next time.
10. Use Data Interpretation Shortcut Tricks to save Time
With the analysis of recent competitive exams – ibps po, sbi po, sbi clerk, ibps clerk, RBI exams, RRB exams. DI questions will be asking based on aptitude topics also –
- Time and work
- Time & distance
- Profit & loss
- Pipes & cisterns
- Ratio & proportion
Study aptitude formulas and shortcuts on the above topics and speed maths trick to solve data interpretation questions quicker.