UPSC Recruitment | UPSC Civil Services Jobs 2020 | UPSC IAS IPS IRS IFS Jobs | UPSC 796 Jobs Notification
As per the UPSC Examination Notice No. 05/2020-CSP Dated: 12/02/2020, there are 796 vacancies disclosed by UPSC for various posts. The Notification for UPSC Civil Services Examination (UPSC Notification 2020) has been released. With the coming of Civil Services Examination Notification (UPSC CSE Notification 2020), the process of application has also started. Interested and eligible candidates can apply until 3 March 2020. This time 796 posts will be recruited through the Civil Services Examination. Other important information related to the Civil Services Examination is given below.
Basic Information of UPSC Recruitment
|Number of posts||796|
|Eligibility||The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university.|
|Age range||The minimum age of the candidate should be 21 years.|
|Application fee||Candidates (women / SC / ST/candidates with benchmark disabilities who do not have to pay fees) will have to pay a fee of Rs 100.|
How to apply for UPSC Civil Services Jobs:
Step 1: To apply, go to UPSC website upsconline.nic.in.
Step 2: Click on the link of ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC given on the website.
Step 3: Click here for PART I Click here for Part-I.
Step 4: After reading all the instructions, click on YES.
Step 5: Now fill the name, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, your educational qualification, address and every information requested.
Step 6: Now pay the application fee.
Step 7: Select your center.
Step 8: Upload photo, sign, and photo ID.
Step 9: After agreeing to the declaration, you should register for Part 2.
Important dates for UPSC Civil Services Jobs:
|Starting date of application –||12 February 2020|
|Last date of application –||3 March 2020|
|Date of Pre Examination –||31 May 2020|
|Date of Main Examination –||18 September 2020|
|UPSC Civil Services Pre Exam 2020 Important Links|
|Detail Notification Link||English | Hindi|
|Apply Online for Part I||Click Here|
|Apply Online for Part II||Click Here|
|UPSC Recruitment||Official Website|
The UPSC full form is Union public service commission.
There is a total of 796 posts disclosed by the UPSC examination board in its official notification.
Candidates should be under 21 to 32 years of age group for the UPSC exam.
If you want to apply for UPSC civil services exam, then you have to fill the application form on or before 03 March 2020.
UPSC Civil Services Pre Exam will be 31 May 2020 conducted by the UPSC Examination board.
There are several posts available in the UPSC Civil services like:
- All India Services
- Indian Administrative Services(IAS)
- Indian Police Servies(IPS)
- Indian Forest Services(IFoS) [ Prelims Only]
- Central Civil Services
- Indian Foreign Services(IFS)
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
Before going for the syllabus for the UPSC prelims exam, let’s have a glance of IAS Prelims Scheme of Exam
|Paper||Questions & Time||Marks|
|General Studies Paper I||100 Questions – 2 Hours||200|
|General Studies Paper-II (CSAT – Qualifying only)||80 Questions – 2 Hours||200 ( Marks not considered)|
UPSC Preliminary Exam 2019 will consist of two papers of 200 marks each containing objective-type multiple-choice questions. Candidates need to mandatorily appear for both the papers and complete them in two hours duration each.
Type of Questions
Note: The question papers for both the papers (I and II) will be set in English as well as Hindi languages. Paper-II of Preliminary exam will be a qualifying paper with 33% as minimum qualifying marks.
A. IAS is considered as one of the toughest exams in India. The Age limit for IAS exam is different for the different categories. It is defined as follows
|Category||Lower Age Limit||Upper Age Limit|
The age of the candidates is counted as on August 1 of the exam year.
UPSC CSE exam is conducted in 3 stages. There will be a prelims exam in the first stage. After the pre-exam, there will be the main exam. Only those who pass the pre-exam will be able to participate in the main exam. There will be an interview after this. The main exam is of 1750 marks while the interview is of 275 marks. Candidates are selected on the basis of scores in Mains and Interviews.